Indoor Winter Fun
Winter is a perfect time to “hibernate”, right? Wrong! Don’t let the cold temperatures and shorter days be an excuse to become dormant. Sure, at times it is great to relax, take it easy, and enjoy being cozy. However, we challenge you to stay active during the winter months.
Roanoke has a plethora of opportunities to stay both mentally and physically active during the winter season. Here are a few of our favorites.
- Escape Key is an escape game experience located in Salem. Escape rooms are very popular as they mentally challenge the players to figure out various puzzles in order to escape the room they are placed in. They offer a variety of themed rooms. They currently they have “The Night Before Christmas”, “The Hunter’s Cabin”, “The Magician’s Vanishing Act” and “The Curious Case of Professor Hugh Manitee”. These various offerings, which are changed periodically, keep the game exciting! The cost is $22 per person and is recommended for ages 12 and up.
- River Rock Climbing is Roanoke’s premier climbing facility. But don’t let the name fool you, they offer much more than just indoor rock climbing: yoga, strength training and tai-ji classes are offered. They describe themselves as a kid-friendly gym, as kids are natural climbers. This is a great way to get all of that cooped up energy out when you start to feel cabin fever kicking in! The cost varies depending on the activity you choose and all ages are welcome.
- Kids Square at Center in the Square, located in Downtown Roanoke, is the newly opened children’s museum within Center in the Square that has been extremely popular since it opened in August. Their mission of being a space where children can explore, play, and learn is evident throughout their many interactive exhibits including the town, forest, theatre, building zone, sensory cove, dig pit, and classroom play areas. This museum is geared towards children 10 and under and admission is $8.00/person (ages 1+), and ages 1 and under are free.
- Launching Pad Trampoline Park & Family Fun Center is Salem and Roanoke’s first and only trampoline park! Launching Pad is the place to get your jump on. There are no age limits, kids and adults alike are encouraged to come and enjoy! If you get a little worn out from jumping, they also have a snack bar to refuel, along with an arcade, launch tower and bumper cars.. This place has a little something for everyone! Pricing varies depending on the activity and how long you plan on jumping but ranges from $7-$16.
- Roanoke Pinball Museum is a nostalgic adventure for the kid at heart, or new experience for the younger generation. Located within The Center in the Square, the Pinball Museum is a small space with a ton of fun. The Museum charges a daily rate for unlimited play – no quarters needed! They have over 50 machines in play, ranging in years from 1932-2016, and are rotating in new ones regularly. You are bound to find a classic favorite or discover a new one. Prices are $12.40 for ages 9+; $6.78 for ages 6-8; and ages 0-5 are free!
Don’t let the winter doldrums keep you from getting out of the house. Go out and enjoy the many wonderful things that Roanoke has to offer! The true spirit of life is evident during the holiday season – it is meant to be embraced and enjoyed. When you feel good, you are inspired to do just that.
Chiropractic care helps keep you feeling your very best so you can enjoy each day. Contact us to setup an appointment and we will keep you feeling good throughout the winter and beyond.
About the Writer
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN...
October is finally here–and that means it is National Chiropractic Health Month! During this month, we join hundreds of... Read More
Lower back pain is one of the most common complaints we diagnose and treat as chiropractors. A cause of... Read More
It’s that time of year! Whether you are preparing a child for the upcoming school year or yourself, sitting... Read More